Imperial College is renowned for extending the boundaries of knowledge and exploring the interfaces between science, medicine, engineering and management. Its teaching and research attracts academia of the very highest international quality and a reputation for excellence.
Becoming a Member of Friends of Imperial College gives you a chance to explore and discuss the great advances being made in these fields with the very people making them.
Join Friends of Imperial College as an annual Member for only £20 and benefit from:
- A whole year of stimulating opportunities to learn from a diverse range of speakers, leading academics and ground-breaking researchers from Imperial College and guest academia
- A chance to meet our lecturers after each event and enjoy an informal discussion over a glass of wine – or two
- An exclusive programme of member-only lectures and events
- Unique access to facilities and research departments with our Behind-the-Scenes events
- Reduced ticket rates for our public lectures – 50% reduction for you and 20% for your guests
- An easy way of keeping up to date with the latest findings from Imperial College
- Opportunities to attend other special lectures, exhibitions, music and other events at the College
- A 10% discount at the College cafes and refreshment bars*
- Preferential rates to the Ethos Sports Centre and Centre for Co-Curricular Studies courses*
* - see below for further details
Whether you have a link with Imperial College already or not you are welcome to join us. If you want to explore the latest ideas in science and technology – we look forward to welcoming you.
By joining you will be supporting the public understanding of science through our programme of public lectures. You will also be supporting the Rector’s Scholarship Fund for students in need as Friends of Imperial College makes a major donation each year. This fund helps nurture the bright minds who will go on to make a positive impact around the world.
|£20.00 - for 2014-2015 Annual||- 12 month subscription|
Just keep in touch
If you would like your name to be added to our email list so that you receive email reminders of our events please Register Online now
Standing Order Form
If you need to complete a Standing Order, please download the Standing Order Form in PDF format. Please complete, sign and forward to your bank with a copy to Friends Administrator (see contact details below) for information only. Please note that banks will no longer accept standing orders from Friends presented on behalf of members.
If you would like to speak to someone about your membership, or any other matters relating to Friends, please contact Friends Administrator: Angie Watson (click to open a new email to Angie)
Friends of Imperial College
19 Donaldson Road
020 3239 7699
Further Details of Membership benefits
Membership benefits include:
- reduced rates for our programme of events, as well as
- access to certain College facilities, and
- opportunities to attend other special lectures, exhibitions, music and other events at the College.
Discounts at Imperial College for members of Friends of Imperial College 2011 – 2012
Please provide proof of membership using your current membership card.
1. Ethos Sports Centre.
Contact Iain Reid 0207 594 9527
Lifetime membership £5,995 (instead of £6,995)
Off-peak annual membership £500 (instead of £600)
Off peak hours are 07:00 – 12:00 and 14:00 – 17:00 Monday to Friday and between 08:00 – 20:00 at the weekends.
Access includes gym, pool, sauna, steam room, spa and a choice of either squash, climbing or classes.
2. Centre for Co-Curricular Studies evening classes
Contact 020 7594 8756
Details of available courses [here]
2014/15 evening language and arts courses from £189 (instead of from £290).
3. Restaurants and catering facilities
10% reduction on production of current Friends’ membership card at 170 Queen’s Gate, 58 Prince’s Gate, all College cafes and bars, excluding East Side Restaurant and Bar.
No discount at Union bar as discounts already apply there.